The cold winter months can be tough on your hair. The harsh weather, lack of moisture in the air, and frequent exposure to indoor heaters can all lead to dryness and breakage if you don’t take proper care of it. However, you can keep your locks looking glossy and healthy through the winter season with a few simple steps. In this blog post, we’ll go over our top tips for protecting your hair from winter weather damage so that you still have beautiful waves or curls come springtime. So before braving the chill outdoors, read up on how best to care for your tresses during the colder months!
Winter hair care tips
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo with mild surfactants so as not to overdry the scalp and hair length;
- Use combs made from natural materials;
- Use thermal protection and antistatic agents;
- Protect your hair and length from frost, wear hats, and hide your hair;
- Pay attention to nutrition, remove fatty foods, and make the diet balanced;
- Exfoliate your scalp regularly with special exfoliating shampoos. It is necessary for the natural renewal of scalp cells.
- Moisturize your hair with natural oils and creams;
- Use a humidifier or place water dishes around the apartment to increase humidity in the room.
Winter hair care should shift towards moisturizing based on the principle: 45% of care is aimed at moisturizing, 45% at nutrition, and 10% at restoration. With this approach, entering a more comfortable period of the year, the hair will not seem exhausted and lifeless. Furthermore, their owner will not need to run to the hairdresser, just take off her hat to correct the situation quickly.
It is easy to get confused by a wide variety of different means, but the helpers are on the reverse side in the composition. If the product contains such components as oils, butter, natural extracts, and vitamins – feel free to pick it up! Natural ingredients are especially important in winter care products.
Follow these tips for caring for your hair during winter, and you’ll have smooth, glossy locks all year round. And if you ever need extra help, don’t be afraid to ask your hairdresser for advice on how to best care for your hair in the cold months!